Arrow and Leader collection

GuyH
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Arrow and Leader collection

Postby GuyH » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:46 am

I've just seen that H&H will be auctioning a collection of 30 unrestored Ariel Arrows and Leaders as well as spares. It looks as if they'll be drip-feeding them into auctions throughout the year with the first three coming up on the 22nd February at Donnngton....

http://www.handh.co.uk/about/news/2017/ ... ake-flight
1939 600 OHV 4F, 1956 MKII Square Four, a Healey, 1939 OH 250, 1939 OG 250 plus a couple of OG250 projects, 1920 Ariel V twin project and a variety of lesser makes

adrie.degraaff
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: Arrow and Leader collection

Postby adrie.degraaff » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:00 am

A (nice) story about a kettenrad in 1980, a dealer-collector in the north of the Netherlands had one but was missing some running wheels an other guy had plenty but didn't want to sell only buy his, the dealer got mad, took his maschine apart and thrown all parts separate in his huge pile of parts with lanes over the parts you where walking on kettenrad parts.
He is a nice guy, still alive and regulary on Dutch television when he is skating as first on new natural ice.

He also bought hundreds of war BSA's from a Arabian dessert and 25 Nortons 16H's wich where used for learning the English soldiers in Arabia, he sold them all before the containers arrived unseen !!! the buyers later found out they where all cut open, even the oil and petrol tank :D .

I also bought one for 100? pounds :lol:

Roger James

Postby Roger James » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:27 am

Just a little update regarding the sale of this collection. I have got to know Clive over the last decade as a result of our mutual interest in the Leader and Arrow and during visits to his home have always been impressed and amazed by his dedication and what he has achieved by putting together such a large number of machines, perhaps the largest collection anywhere at the present time. It has been a difficult decision for Clive to come to terms with selling the bikes and spares but now taken the wheels have been set in motion for the bulk of the collection to go to new homes and a decision made to put the first three Arrows up for auction later this month with the option of the rest of the collection being sold the same way, however Clive is not under any contract to sell all of his collection through H & H auctions, the bikes are available to purchase individually from Clive or as many as you like or even the whole collection if you want and can agree on a price, all the spares are available to purchase also as individual items or the whole job lot. Indeed I visited Clive yesterday to purchase one of the Arrows for my own collection.
The majority of the machines for sale are full on restoration projects, plenty to choose from at the moment, if anyone is interested in bikes or spares, but no tyre kickers please. Roger J
Attachments
Clive s pic 8.JPG
Clive s collection of machines for saleo

iansoady
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Postby iansoady » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:35 am

Hi Roger.

I hope to be looking for an Arrow later in the year. Could you let me have the part of the country where these bikes are located, and what arrangements might be made for viewing?

Many thanks
Ian
1952 Norton ES2
1982 Moto Guzzi V50

Roger James

Postby Roger James » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:33 pm

Location is approx 10 miles West of Leicester, off J2 of the M69. If interested let me know and I will send you a private message with sellers phone number so you can liaise directly.

Roger j
Attachments
Clive s pic 7.JPG
Arrow collection for sale

iansoady
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Postby iansoady » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:18 am

Many thanks Roger.

It will be a little while before I'm looking seriously so will leave it till then. Hopefully they won't all have gone by then!
Ian
1952 Norton ES2
1982 Moto Guzzi V50

eadriclloyd

Postby eadriclloyd » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:20 pm

Roger,

Please could you tell me if there any arrows left for sale in this collection and if so some contact details as I am looking for one.
Regards, Eddie Lloyd

ken-drink

Postby ken-drink » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:21 pm

are contact details available? i am looking for a a leader or arrow that is in reasonable condition.

Return to “For sale/wanted - Bikes”