Monobloc for a 1955 VB

paul.jameson
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: Monobloc for a 1955 VB

Postby paul.jameson » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:47 pm

As a starting point for modification to fit, you might like to consider the distance piece used for monobloc carbs on the Triumph Tiger Cub.
Paul Jameson
36 4G, 37 VH, 53 ex ISDT KHA (project), 54 KH(A), 54 4G Mk IV (project), Healey 1000/4 (project)
Former Machine Registrar & Archivist, General Secretary and Single Spares Organiser.

brian.ashley

Postby brian.ashley » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:58 am

Hello Klaus, I hope you can read my writing, measurements are in millimetres. Note the slot cut in the intake stub on the LHS on the carb side. This makes fitting the carb easier as it is quite tight. Also I mounted that bolt on the carb first and then slid the carb onto the intake stub using the slot, if that makes sense. The ID of the tube is the same as the ID of the port in the barrel. Obviously the flange size and hole diammeter is to suit the carb and barrel. I used M8 metric bolts and nylocs. There is a thin paper gasket between the barrel and intake stub and a thick heat resistant spacer between carb and intake stub. Note my drawing shows ID of tube as 30,7mm but that should read OD.Top picture is LHS and bottom picture is RHS. I hope this helps.
regards

Brian
Attachments
_RBT2246.jpg
_RBT2244.jpg
carb.jpeg

klaus gerhard
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Postby klaus gerhard » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:16 pm

Hi guys,
thanks for all the comments. I passed the information on to Robert. Hope he will turn up at the Treffen this year!
Regards
Klaus

Return to “For sale/wanted - Parts”