Smiths PA2240 Speedo

BobDynes

Smiths PA2240 Speedo

Postby BobDynes » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:47 pm

Some of you will have seen my post on the general forum asking what this is. I had a rough idea but wanted to know more.

I believe this is from a 1936-41 SQ4 or Red Hunter (thanks to Paul for advising). As far as I can tell its not been used on a bike but has been literally knocking about in my late Dads garage for a long long time. There are a number of minor dents in the casing, a few very small chips in the face and a slight bend in the bezel. All are easily ignored or repaired I'd say though.

It works in so far as I can tell by running the drive very gently. Calibration wise I have no idea whether its near or miles off as I've not got the time to check it and don't want to run it any more than necessary (apparently the grease may have dried out internally).

I'd much prefer that any potential buyer comes to get it so they can look at it themselves and also to avoid the potential for it to get lost en route. I'm based near Newbury, Berkshire.

Sensible offers by PM please - I have been advised on its value so have a reasonable idea :)
front.jpg
back.jpg
number.jpg

Hugh Ramsay

Re: Smiths PA2240 Speedo

Postby Hugh Ramsay » Fri May 10, 2019 4:15 pm

Take it this is sold?

Brian Petheram

Postby Brian Petheram » Sat May 11, 2019 9:41 am

I sent a PM over a week ago but it's still sitting in my outbox so don't hold your breath!

Vincent.vanGinneke
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Postby Vincent.vanGinneke » Sat May 11, 2019 4:14 pm

perhaps your outbox is full, then it wont send messages.
try clearing some or all messages in there and try again.

Brian Petheram

Postby Brian Petheram » Sun May 12, 2019 10:34 am

Nope - only one message in there and I have successfuly sent one since - I guess he's sold it or no longer active on the Forum.

Simon.Gardiner
Holder of a Silver Anorak
Holder of a Silver Anorak

Postby Simon.Gardiner » Sun May 12, 2019 11:57 am

Vincent.vanGinneke wrote:perhaps your outbox is full, then it wont send messages.
try clearing some or all messages in there and try again.

I think someone said the messages stay in the outbox until they get read - they don't get sent as such....
(So it's not like Windoze..... :D )

SG
'55 Huntmaster, '56 VH, ' 51 VH, '80 R100RT, '00 Sprint ST (but all those Ariel parts can only make one running bike...)

Brian Petheram

Postby Brian Petheram » Mon May 13, 2019 9:15 am

Simon.Gardiner wrote:I think someone said the messages stay in the outbox until they get read - they don't get sent as such....
(So it's not like Windoze..... :D )

SG

That's how it works on the VMCC Forum which I have used a lot. The OP of this thread can't be logging in and reading his messages.
I am now sorted for a speedo from a source within the club :D - they are out there!

BobDynes

Postby BobDynes » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:56 pm

Hi Folks.

Apologies to those who had tried to message. I thought I would get notifications in email but apparently not! Will check settings as I don't login often.

I still have the speedo and am happy to sell it to any genuine buyer who is in the market.

Return to “For sale/wanted - Parts”