front brake lever for girder fork needed

Brian Petheram

front brake lever for girder fork needed

Postby Brian Petheram » Thu May 02, 2019 2:54 pm

Hi - I'm short of a front brake arm with swivel pin (the lever at the end of the brake rod operating the brake cam) for my 1939 Red Hunter - part number 4140-34. Drags and Budgen don't have it - any leads welcome. Will pay your price or exchange a Ewarts double plunger petrol tap - part number 5050-30, also hens teeth I believe.
cheers
Brian

andrewhawkswell

Re: front brake lever for girder fork needed

Postby andrewhawkswell » Mon May 20, 2019 3:42 pm

Brian - did you get fixed up for this? My 1936 bike is dismantled so I could measure up and send you a drawing and photographs of the part if you want. Its actually an assembly - the lever and the "pin" which takes the operating rod (the pin of this second part which is rivetted through the end of the lever). I happen to be after a 5050-30 and was going to adapt the type with 2 off 1/4" threads to make one with a 1/4" and the larger thread - think its either 5/16 or 3/8 BSP.

Brian Petheram

Re: front brake lever for girder fork needed

Postby Brian Petheram » Tue May 21, 2019 9:05 am

Hi Andrew

thanks for replying. I am sorted now as I found a lever that does a perfect job and looks pretty much identical in a box in the corner of my workshop! I still have the petrol tap available if you need it - would prefer to swap for other bits I need - I will PM you with my phone number.

cheers

Brian

Return to “For sale/wanted - Parts”