Leader Air Filter

Trevorc

Leader Air Filter

Postby Trevorc » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:05 pm

My air filter assembly went missing the other day whilst taking a quick run out on the Leader without the side panel on.
I have one that looks very similar from a BSA. It has a centre fixing on the back ( albeit a screw fix, which can be easily modified), but it looks from memory to be a little deeper than the one that disappeared, and when offered up is a fairly tight fit behind the side panel when fitted.
Draganfly list one in their catalogue but it is nil stock at present. From discussions the one that they can provide is not NOS but a modified version of an existing model, so could well be the same as I already have
Can someone help with the dimensions of the original "Pancake" air filter assembly as fitted to the Leader please?

Trevorc

Re: Leader Air Filter

Postby Trevorc » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:19 am

Perhaps a better solution - does anyone have an original one spare that they would be willing trade?

bh.sprint
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Postby bh.sprint » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:39 pm

Hi,

I used an air filter assembly bought from a stall at a classic bike show, it had a central outlet hole but I found an original offset back which fitted to the assembly OK. If you can't find an original filter assembly , there are some off set assemblies advertised in the Vintage motorcyle club mag--- http://www.vmccshop.net -- I've not tried one but they may fit OK.

Brian H.

The air filter assembly in place on the MK 2 ,it fits OK .
Attachments
IMG_0335.JPG

Trevorc

Postby Trevorc » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:17 pm

Thanks for that Brian, As I mentioned I have a very similar looking filter assembly off a BSA which I have modified to fit the Leader 40mm frame stub but the body of the actual filter looks a bit deeper than I remember original one to be.
The perforated chrome surround to the one I have is 40mm wide. Is that it or is there a narrower one available for the Leader / Arrow?
Nice bike by the way.

bh.sprint
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Postby bh.sprint » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:11 pm

Evening,

I've finally taken a measurement of the air filter, it's 43 ish m/m wide, over the mesh band, on all the bikes, that is the Leader MK 2 and also on the Arrow which I think is an original filter.I've only done an approx measurement of the diameter which is about 125 ish m/m.

Brian H.

Trevorc

Postby Trevorc » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:27 pm

Great news,and thank you for your trouble. That matches up with the modified BSA unit that I have,which somehow seemed bulkier than the original - I will put that down to memory fade and old age.
Armed with the info provided I now feel far happier to go with what I have. Thanks again

Return to “Two stroke”