Arrow side prop stand

roy.craddock

Arrow side prop stand

Postby roy.craddock » Thu May 10, 2018 7:29 pm

Hi does anyone know if there is a pattern type stand on sale anywhere that will fit the arrow, or anyone have a spare one for sale? Many Thanks Roy

Roger James
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Re: Arrow side prop stand

Postby Roger James » Fri May 11, 2018 8:34 am

HI Roy,
I am not aware of any reproduction/pattern type side stands for the Arrow, they are quite unique to the Leader/Arrow.
If you get no response to your request for a side stand from forum members your best bet would be ebay where they frequently appear for sale although be warned they do sometimes make silly money, into three figures.
For fitting to the Arrow you will also need the special mounting plate that bolts onto the footrest studs because the normal mounting holes in the crankcase are obscured by the exhaust pipes on the Arrow. (not obscured by Leader exhaust pipes because they have a different curve design).

Roger

iansoady
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Postby iansoady » Fri May 11, 2018 10:31 am

The proper prop stand is quite a good design (although slated by the original Motor Cycle road test for some reason). But it has to be fitted correctly - the PO of my Arrow had made a complete pig's ear of it. As Roger says, it's most unlikely you'd find an aftermarket one to fit as these generally attach to a frame tube which the Arrow doesn't have.
Ian
1952 Norton ES2
1982 Moto Guzzi V50

terrylangley

Postby terrylangley » Tue May 15, 2018 11:54 am

Hi Roy. An Arrow side prop stand appeared on E-bay about a year ago and went for £130. I obtained one and fitted it to my current road bike and was planning to fit it to my Arrow SS cafe racer project but have decided not to because I want to keep the weight down as much as possible. I will be putting it on E-bay next month but would accept a sensible offer from an AOMCC member first. If you are interested my e-mail is: terry.langley@hotmail.co.uk.

Terry

Return to “Two stroke”