Ariel tuning

DavidSage

Ariel tuning

Postby DavidSage » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:28 pm

Hello,

I have completed some work on the barrels and have further filing and grinding to go.

On the crank cases I have enlarged the inlet port to 1 3/16". As yet, I have not set to work on the transfer ports.

There is an article on the forum referencing an article in the British Bike Magazine of some years ago written by Barry Hickmott, before I make any further progress I would like to run some questions by some of the members of the forum.

On the title page Barry has provided a sketch of the plan view of the crankcase top. It appears that metal should be removed from the inner transfer ports and not the outer transfer ports, is this correct.

And also is the other very useful information provided by Barry also ok as a starting point for me to use.

I have also seen over the years that the Fahron Engineering company in Nottingham is also to provide this kind of tuning.

I know the Roger has used Fahron, would it be possible to provide me with a contact number or if possible could I use the Private Message system to get these details.

Regards,

David S

Roger James
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Re: Ariel tuning

Postby Roger James » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:44 pm

Hi David,
No problem passing out the phone number for Fahron Engineering as the proprietor, Ron Phillips advertises his service in Classic Racer magazine.
Ron is working on a number of Arrow engine projects for customers at the present time.
Tel 0115 9634123

Jess

bh.sprint
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Re: Ariel tuning

Postby bh.sprint » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:09 pm

Hello David,

When it comes to altering the exhaust ,inlet and transfer ports , Ron is the person to talk to, he has up to date knowledge of what to do and what not to do.
The changes he makes to the ports in order to keep the motor flexible but increase power are quite small. Definitely talk to Ron before making any big changes.

Brian H.

Return to “Two stroke”