ARROW WIRING HELP NEEDED

terrylangley

ARROW WIRING HELP NEEDED

Postby terrylangley » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:11 pm

I am wiring up my project Arrow and have a couple of queries/concerns. I have fitted a 12 volt alternator with two output wires, a solid state rectifier with four terminal posts and a Boyer 12 volt twin output ignition coil. I will be fitting a standard ignition points system. I cannot find a wiring diagram with all three of these components connected together. I am sure there is an expert out there who has already done this and I would be grateful of their expertise.

Many Thanks, Terry Langley.

AndyEames
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Re: ARROW WIRING HELP NEEDED

Postby AndyEames » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:32 pm

Hi Terry. You won't be able to use the twin output coil with the conventional points system. ( unless someone knows better)

roy.craddock

Postby roy.craddock » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:11 pm

Hi Terry, What Andy is saying is correct, I was going to go down that way , by just using 1 set of the points as a switching device for the twin spark coil, but changed my mind and went with Pazon, Regards Roy

terrylangley

Postby terrylangley » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:10 pm

Hi Andy & Roy. So 2 new 12 volt coils or Pazon ignition? Can you help with my other problem please. I have fitted a 12 volt alternator with 2 output wires both green & yellow. The new loom has 3 alternator wires GY,GB, WG. What is the correct connection of the 3 wires in the loom to the solid state rectifier with 4 posts. Does the GY from the ignition switch post 17 become redundant?
Thanks Terry

roy.craddock

Postby roy.craddock » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:13 pm

Hi Terry yes you are right, green/ yellow become redundant, that is the cable that served the emergency start facility, just make it safe, the 2 cables from the new alternator now become AC1 and AC2 on The rectifier/ regulator, the other two terminal outputs on rectifier/ regulator will be your DC positive and negative outputs to supply the battery charging and lighting etc, the positive will go to earth on the frame and the battery, and the negative cable to join with the existing Green/Black which goes to the lighting switch position no 7 , I converted my existing alternator to 12 volts by joining 2 of the phases together , green/ black and the emergency start feed green/yellow, Remember to put an inline fuse between the positive feed to the battery, the existing 1 will do, I went with the Pazon System because all feedback is positive and the results are that the Engine starts more orless after 1or 2 kicks , also they give you a very simple to understand installation schematic,good luck with your project , still very pleased with my prop stand ,Regards Roy

terrylangley

Postby terrylangley » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:58 pm

Hi Andy & Roy. Thanks very much for all your help. I can now complete the electrical side of this project.
Regards, Terry.

Return to “Two stroke”