Suitable TLS hubs for the Arrow front brake.

terrylangley

Suitable TLS hubs for the Arrow front brake.

Postby terrylangley » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:41 pm

Can anyone tell me which TLS hub & brake assembly's they have fitted to Arrows or Leaders. I have a Honda K series assembly but it will require a big rim offset of 2cms or a special rim with two sets of spoke holes. Not impossible but expensive. I am currently trying a Royal Enfield drum borrowed from a friend. The width is OK but the spindle and bearing design is a problem. I am also looking for a Honda CB160 assembly which I believe will fit. Has anyone fitted a brake from any other small Japanese bike? Has anyone bought anything like this from E-Bay USA? There is one on the site now but I am nervous of the quality as received and potential additional duty and vat.

Thanks in advance for any help, Terry Langley.

ken-drink

Re: Suitable TLS hubs for the Arrow front brake.

Postby ken-drink » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:01 pm

hubs from the cb 175 or simialar can be made to fit, need to make a spindle and a top hat bush for the brake plate, see my earlier thread a bit further down the list.
Ken

TonyBaxter
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Postby TonyBaxter » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:13 pm

Just bought a CZ175, surprisingly it has a tls front brake. I shall measure it up when I get time.
Cheers.

ian williams

Postby ian williams » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:58 pm

hi terry ;
my cafe racer is fitted with a honda cb72 type 10" diameter approx TLS hub and 18" dunlop alloy rims but i dont know what it took to fit it all as it was something someone did in the late 60s .
all i can say is it fits fine and brakes fine , i also use old japanese alloy brake levers on the handlebars but im using dropped handlebars off a kh250 which are narrow , although it previously had some of those weird looking clip on type bars . .

i did look into trying smoething on my 7" AJS hub and the suzuki T20 tls 180mm brake might fit if i can pull the shoes in tighter by a small amount somehow , but i havent worked out if i will reduce the linings down or maybe the shoes somewhere .

regards
ian

Return to “Two stroke”