indicator's

ken-drink

indicator's

Postby ken-drink » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:32 am

where is the flasher unit on a leader hidden? converting to 12v so need to change it but i don't know where it is.

Roger James
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Re: indicator's

Postby Roger James » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:54 pm

Hi Ken,
At the factory they were fitted front offside of the bodyshell roughly in line with the badge/8 day clock hole on the instrument panel, very difficult to get at, best way might be to remove the headlamp completely and look through the hole in the front shield, it should be on the left hand side looking in, sometimes you can feel for the flasher unit if by lifting the parcel lid and putting your hand into the bodyshell feel along the front of the frame on the right hand side, the indicator unit should be mounted on a spring bolted to the top bracket of the inside of the bodyshell. Probably confused you with all that but best I can do I'm afraid, just hope no previous owner has mounted it somewhere else after all that. Good luck....
Jess

ken-drink

Postby ken-drink » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:42 am

found it, on this leader (1960) i had to take the dash off as it was mounted on a bracket and the only way i could get to the bolt was to take the dash off, very fidly.
Ken

grahamhibbs
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Postby grahamhibbs » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:41 pm

Bliley, that took some time, November 27th until February 14th.
Regards
Graham

1942 Ariel w'ng
1928 Ariel Model B
1960 Ariel Arrow
1960 Ariel Leader

ken-drink

Postby ken-drink » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:32 pm

it did, had lots of other things to do before i sorted those, and i had some time off as i was not well and spent some time in bed, but the leader is back on the road now, had it out for a test ride last Sunday and all was ok, but i have a worn out carb which is giving me problems so got to do something about that.
Ken

grahamhibbs
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Postby grahamhibbs » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:41 am

Well I don't know were you live but last Sunday was the most atrocious day here with rain high winds and cold, you are a braver man than I, the old bikes go away in November and come out again in March, I ride a pan European Honda with big fairing adjustable screen and heated grips in the winter.
Hope it wasn't anything serious that put you in bed,
Regards
Graham

1942 Ariel w'ng
1928 Ariel Model B
1960 Ariel Arrow
1960 Ariel Leader

ken-drink

Postby ken-drink » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:52 am

it was a nice day in oxfordshire, i had a test ride to the guzzi club meeting, i own a couple of guzzi's as well, all went well apart from the inital cold star, i oiled up the plugs but after that it was fine, it was holding a steady 60 on the spedo along the dual carrigeway, so still got work to do on the mechanics, it is very original as it has been stood since 74 , so not going to restore it but get everything working as it should.

Ken

Return to “Two stroke”