Electronic Ignition

roy.craddock

Electronic Ignition

Postby roy.craddock » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:23 pm

Hi Guys, has anyone bought the system sold by MME, it looks quite robust, thinking of changing from draganfly system as I have a problem with the trigger unit, any info or advice would be very helpful,Thanks Roy

roy.craddock

Re: Electronic Ignition

Postby roy.craddock » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:24 pm

Ok no replies yet ,,,,can anyone recommend a system for the Arrow which will fit without too much trouble and alterations and actually works reliably Thanks in anticipation, Roy P. S. I’ve already converted to 12volts and I have a 12v twin lead HT coil in place.. :D

bh.sprint
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Postby bh.sprint » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:31 pm

Hi Roy,

I have Boyer ignitions on the Arrow and standard Leader, they require a bit of machining to fit and are a bit harder to time but have worked OK for the last few years . Both bikes run on 12 volts.
The 270 Leader has a Pazon unit, also 12 volts, it is easily bolted on and the inbuilt timing facility works well, allowing simple but accurate timing- checked with a strobe the timing is very accurate, good enough for normal use.

Brian H.

Pictures -- a Boyer ignition and using a strobe to check the timing ( a but crude but it works ).
Attachments
IMG_0592.JPG
IMG_0135.JPG

Roger James

Postby Roger James » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:17 am

Hi Roy, I was hoping you would have had a few posts about the MME system to read how they've got on fitting it and how it worked out on the road before I took the plunge and ordered one myself, early days yet, perhaps members will add a report when they find the message.

I, like many others have been fitting the Pazon unit to my Arrows, straight forward to fit, easy to set up, and have had no problems with any of the units fitted, the only slight downside I think is, its getting a little bit expensive even if you order direct from the Manufacturer in New Zealand and then don't get clobbered by Customs should they take an interest in the parcel which has happened to me and some others, some get through, some get intercepted.
Hence my interest in trying a different make of unit...

Jess

roy.craddock

Postby roy.craddock » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:00 pm

Thanks Jess And Brian, I’ll see if I get any more replies, My Wife will buy me one for a Christmas prezzie, so that’s why I was waiting for suitable comments, and MME is a good co to deal with too ,I’ve used them lots of times but there’s no better advert than recommendations Regards Roy

AndyEames
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Postby AndyEames » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:43 pm

We are using Sovek ignition on our hillclimber. Never heard of it? Niether have most folk. It is as yet untried with a running engine, but I have had it sparking. The upside ; it was designed for the Jawa 350 twin - similar layout to ours. It is optically triggered like the old Piranha/Newtronic systems, and has an inbuilt timing light AND 3 different programmes. It is also relatively cheap. Made in the Ukraine. Downsides : it will need an adaptor plate making, also a trigger plate drive adaptor in place of the original cam and a new cover making. We should be able to update you on how it works in a few weeks time.
IMG_20180920_101325.jpg
IMG_20180919_143707.jpg

AndyEames
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Postby AndyEames » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:58 pm

653140.jpeg

roy.craddock

Postby roy.craddock » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:57 pm

Hi Jess, I have managed to buy a Pazon System for the Arrow/ Leader from. Co called C Wylde
cost was £119.13 + £8.50 postage Regards Roy

Stuart McGuigan

Postby Stuart McGuigan » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:25 am

The Pazon system is excellent and that was a good price!

Return to “Two stroke”