Any Ideas

Roger James
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Re: Any Ideas

Postby Roger James » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:44 am

If you do decide to drill out the old cut off locating Peg, its usually fairly soft steel, just be aware that the hole is not drilled straight inwards in line with the shaft that you might expect but goes down into the shaft at an angle. I had to replace one once, I used a round nail found to be the right diameter as a new peg that was a good fit, cut off just proud of the shaft for locating the points cam onto it, If you can try and round off the end so it does not catch on the points seal on the primary chaincase cover.
Sometimes when fitting the Pazon electronic ignition system, you have to cut off the peg or certainly reduce it in length to be able to fit the Pazon cam, its possible that was done by someone else but you have ended up with the recon crankshaft.
With regard to the seal on your primary chaincase cover it looks to be the opposite way round to the normal way of fitting them, think the lip with the spring should be facing the oil in the chaincase, could be wrong but thought I would mention it in case you get oil coming out in use. Jess.

tstewart
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Postby tstewart » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:11 am

Roger thanks for some great info, I have ordered electronic ignition from Drag's. Good to know the seal is wrong way round, thanks. I have found as I go along bits having to come off and be assembled differently.

tstewart
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Postby tstewart » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:56 pm

Guys thanks for the help I drilled out the dowel, then cut off a bit of the shaft of the drill and got the engine actually started.
I have bought a electronic ignition system from draganfly so will try that next once I have modified the wiring. I will be honest I was a bit hesitant about drilling the crank.
So once again thanks for help.

Return to “Two stroke”