ARROW/LEADER ELECTRIC START CONVERSION

terrylangley

ARROW/LEADER ELECTRIC START CONVERSION

Postby terrylangley » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:52 pm

In this months Cheval under the Lancs report (pages 13 & 14) there was a mention of two electric start conversions fitted to two Arrows. I would really like to convert my Arrow to electric start and suspect I am not alone on this. Can the owners of these conversions provide the details to enable me to convert mine? I have the equipment for basic lathe and milling work. A list of parts required, some basic instructions and dimensions would be brilliant.
If the owners had someone else carry out the conversion who might be willing to help, their contact details would be much appreciated. I am happy to cover any costs involved and provide my e-mail & contact details if required. There must be many Arrow/Leader owners out there who would love an electric start conversion. Maybe an AOMCC kit conversion possibility if there was enough interest??????
Thanks for any help, Regards Terry Langley

bh.sprint
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Re: ARROW/LEADER ELECTRIC START CONVERSION

Postby bh.sprint » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:32 pm

Hi Terry,

There are two or three maybe more people who have added electric start to their bike(s).

AOMCC Club member Roger L. has done a number, he should be at Stafford this week-end, I can give you his tel. number if needed; off site.

Brian H.

JohnnyBeckett

Postby JohnnyBeckett » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:48 pm

i like to see what it looks like on the bike engine

rogerlee

Postby rogerlee » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:57 am

Hi Terry,As Brian H has said we will be on the Leader/Arrow stand S12 in the old Auction room,I have converted 6 of my own bikes engines to my design,The first starter engine was done in 2002 has has proved faultless for 30,000 miles.I will have a little fact sheet of the specifications if you want to have a look at it,Ask for Brian H or flatland Roger when you visit the stand.

terrylangley

Postby terrylangley » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:07 pm

Hi Brian & Roger. Thanks for your replies. Sadly I will not be at Stafford due to a 70th birthday party I should attend. I have sent an e-mail to Brian which I hope he will be able to talk to you about at Stafford.
Thanks and regards, Terry.

Return to “Two stroke”