Pixie

Anything about Ariels
Coxp

Re: Pixie

Postby Coxp » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:22 pm

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all your replies and stories/photos. If anyone has had a Pixie or if you've got one please can you let me know if it has a horn or not. Unfortunately Pixie spares are quite rare. I did put an advert in Old Bike Mart a few years ago and I didn't get any replies. You do get some parts coming up on Ebay. Obviously some spares are more rare that others. It might be worth trying Bantam John for ignition parts. He has amassed a huge collection of parts over the years. Most of the parts are for BSA models but the Pixie engine was also used in the BSA Beagle/Starlite. He was able to supply me with a barrel and piston, a chainguard and a rear light. I think he trades as Sheffield British Motorcycles and his phone number is 01246 382646. He can be quite abrupt but on a good day he can be quite helpful. If you have the ignition parts but they're not serviceable you could use a company that rewinds or restores magnetos E.g. Westcountry Windings. Their website is westcountrywindings@gmail.com.

dave.owen
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Postby dave.owen » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:27 pm

Havd you tried vale onslow in Birmingham,

Dave
AOMCC Treasurer

jerry.mortimore
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Postby jerry.mortimore » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:11 pm

They did release illustrated service sheets for the Pixie. P1 Decarbonisation, adjustments and simple replacements. P2 Removing the engine/gearbox unit and complete dismantling. P3 Rebuilding and replacing the unit. P4 Front fork, steering and wheels. P5 Automotive unit replacement parts.
P3 attached.
Herts branch used to have a fully sectioned Pixie engine, no idea what became of it.
Attachments
pixie-p3.jpg
1935 cammy Square, 1938 VB, brace of 1950 MkI Squares, 1959 MkII Square and several Ariel and Fleet pushbikes.

JohnnyBeckett
Holder of a Silver Anorak
Holder of a Silver Anorak

Postby JohnnyBeckett » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:05 pm

HI I think you will have to bike jumbles like i did and ask the sellers because they have lots of parts not on show or at home i was looking for some parts that i can not get from the club or all the ariel dealers i spoke to one of the old parts sellers and he had what i needed in the back of is van i have now got more parts off him :D

Return to “Ariel Talk”