Indian guards

Anything about Ariels
wade.edwards
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Indian guards

Postby wade.edwards » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:59 pm

5AD4943D-FEA1-4E95-A881-944B8CA2391B.jpeg
Just arrived, new Indian made guards. Finally pleased with the investment- £222.00.Free shipping.
Needed a little polishing tuneup but now ready for powder coat.

JohnnyBeckett
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: Indian guards

Postby JohnnyBeckett » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:42 pm

HI Wade they are good for indian made wen they are powder coated they will look good :) :?

andyhughesflattankarielpre25

Postby andyhughesflattankarielpre25 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:51 am

Good day,can you recall which seller you used?

fpassmore
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Postby fpassmore » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:06 pm

Hi Wade, those look pretty well made, excellent in fact for Indian made.
Trust all is well with you and we will have to get together next time I am down to the coast.
Frank
'51 SQ4, '37 VH500 Red Hunter, '56 SQ4 (basket case), '49 Sq4 (basket case), '48 A7 BSA Twin, too many other BSA's, Norton's, Triumph's, Ducati's and Japanese to list. Just crazed is all my problem is.

wade.edwards

Postby wade.edwards » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:52 pm

They are very well made, including a proper hinge. As usual they are made from welded pieces but they do a very decent job of it.
I have all the polishing tools one could ask for so touching them up is no problem. There was one tiny divet which was filled and polished in two minutes. Because they are made for W/NG there are no holes for the pedestrian slicer so a little work to do there. All rivets are nicely done.

It took a long time and a number of failed sellers to re-find this seller. eBay records don’t save transactions far back enough to allow a deep search. I had bought the same guards several years ago but did not record the seller.

Hi name is Sunny. His company is Pinnacle Enterprises. His eBay handle is justroyal12.

He has been in business for 15 years and has a large team of craftsmen and hundreds of products.

It is crazy but many sellers have stolen his pictures to advertise their listings. I reported every last one of them to eBay for fraud.
No doubt nothing will happen so be very careful when buying that you’ve got the right seller.

Having said all that, nothing is perfect in this world and despite having many back and forth conversations with Sunny, the guards arrived with a light coat of primer when I specifically requested NO PRIMER. I had to bead blast the primer off to evaluate the metal finish and make final adjustments.

I also tried to convince him to make a spare tail piece but he was worried that a new one would not match up with the original Ariel guard I have with a missing tail. I supplied pictures and exact stretch outs of the original guard.
He said that he would discuss it with his team but never got back. Next thing I know eBay alerts me that the guards had been shipped. Of course they arrived with no extra tail piece.

I did not pay the original asking price because he has the MAKE AN OFFER option. He accepted a US $295.00 offer.

Return to “Ariel Talk”