History of W/NG

Anything about Ariels
Roger Gwynn

Re: History of W/NG

Postby Roger Gwynn » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:30 pm

Try :- http://www.draganfly.co.uk/index.php/ar ... l-articles scroll down to "WNG contract details"

This is a little out of date as i have done some more research since this was published.

I have found that some "3rd world" style countries will re-stamp numbers, alter them or insist that the engine and frame numbers are the same. These numbers are definitely wrong.

Roger
Worldwide Membership Secretary
Semi-retired partner in Draganfly Motor Cycles

nevhunter
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Postby nevhunter » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:49 pm

Which numbers are you suggesting are wrong Roger, and why would anybody bother to alter them when the bikes then would be worth virtually nothing?. Ariel frame numbers are particularly difficult to replicate, and unless money was a factor why would anyone bother? Matching engine and frame numbers are not the same as each number being the same. Records when available settle the question, as they accord with what was despatched from the Ariel works, which generally are fairly complete. Obviously some gaps exist in the information loop. Your definition of "third world STYLE countries bothers me. Which countries would they be, and are we talking of individual persons or the "officials" of such countries ?. Nev

Return to “Ariel Talk”