Where is Dad's HT5 now? 20 KTW

Anything about Ariels
helenvitty

Where is Dad's HT5 now? 20 KTW

Postby helenvitty » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:30 pm

My elderly father, Jim Wayte, had many bikes throughout his life, many of them Ariels. During the late 70's and early 80's he rode an Ariel HT5 in the pre-65 class, quite a special one that had been originally prepared for the factory team. The registration number at the time was 20 KTW. The bike appeared in a detailed article in the March 1982 issue of the Classic Bike magazine. Dad would dearly like to find out what happened to the bike. He sold it mid-80's to another local Surrey rider, Jim Susans, but lost track of it after that. Does anyone know where it is? Thanks

iansoady
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Re: Where is Dad's HT5 now? 20 KTW

Postby iansoady » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:08 pm

Can't tell you where it is but DVLA think it's not taxed or SORN so probably hidden away somewhere.

I think Jim Susans is still around - web page here: http://www.bsaotter.com/jim_susans_bikecraft.html. May be worth getting in touch?
Ian
1952 Norton ES2
1982 Moto Guzzi V50

helenvitty

Re: Where is Dad's HT5 now? 20 KTW

Postby helenvitty » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:54 pm

Hi,
I too checked DVLA first and found the same. I've researched Jim Susans and been in contact with him via the author of the BSAOtter article. Just trying to follow up all avenues! Thanks for getting in touch. H.

Return to “Ariel Talk”