VB600 technical information

Singles, twins and fours.
LuizSpegiorin

VB600 technical information

Postby LuizSpegiorin » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:02 am

I bought a VB600 1951 all disassembled. So, I would like to know more about this motorcycle. It's engine number is RB692. I don't know it's frame number, but it is a plunger frame. I tryed to find pictures about a 1951 VB600 plunger frame, but I discovered that it's quite impossible. I would like to know where I could find good pictures, with details. And besides, I would like to know if with this information, I could find it's original frame number, gearbox number and... Everything I could find to help me in this project.

bevanclark
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Re: VB600 technical information

Postby bevanclark » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:01 am

Hi Luiz,
Here's an extract from engine & frame info from the Draganfly website. The frame number should be on the right hand side under the saddle nose top lug. I have a plunger framed 1950 VB in my garage - I can take any photos you want.
Cheers,
Bevan
Attachments
VB engine and frame info.jpg

john.mitchell
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Postby john.mitchell » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:53 am

springing.jpg
If it is the Plunger assembly which you need information on, Luiz, the pages above might help. As it happens I have just had another member asking for that information.
John Mitchell
Editor Cheval de Fer

Vincent.vanGinneke
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Postby Vincent.vanGinneke » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:26 pm

I only have 3 pics of plunger framed VB's , hope its of use to you.

Ariel VB 1952.JPG
Ariel VB plunger.jpg
Ariel VB 1950.jpg

LuizSpegiorin

Postby LuizSpegiorin » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:40 am

Bevan,
I tried to find the frame number, but unfortunately it was missed. I'm not sure, but here in Brasil, in the middle of 70's, all imported vehicles had to had their documents done again, because of the tax. For example, in that time, I had an Willys 1957, and it's chassis number had to be change for a new one, to be "nationalized", and not pay for abusive taxes. It's a crazy situation, isn't it? But I would like to know if it's engine number, is possible to find it's original frame number.
Despite the photos, it could be nice to have them, since it is all disassembled, and I need details to help me in assembling it. Details from the both sides, front, hear, handlebar, instruments, engine, gearbox. f you could do it for me.

John,
Thanks for the picture. It will help me with the plunger assembly.

Vincent,
Thanks. I haven't seen good pictures like this.

LuizSpegiorin

Postby LuizSpegiorin » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:45 am

frame.jpg
engine.jpg
engine number.jpg

LuizSpegiorin

Postby LuizSpegiorin » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:47 am

Since I begin preasembling it, I'll post more pictures.

Vincent.vanGinneke

Postby Vincent.vanGinneke » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:11 am

in the red circle the spot where the number should be.

framenumber location.JPG

john.mitchell

Postby john.mitchell » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:48 pm

Further to this thread, the chap who originally asked mr for information about the Anstey setup has been back to me. It appears he has the suspension completely disassembled and at his advanced age, (89) really needs help to put it together. He lives in Middleton N Manchester and normally I would ask if anyone could pop over and give him a hand. Obviously not at present though! Howver if there is any one who could help once the virus problem is out of the way it would be good, I don't think it is a good idea to put his phone number up here but if anyone could see themselves helpimg him post Corona, PM and I will pass on the number
regards
John Mitchell
Editor Cheval de Fer

Simon.Gardiner
Holder of a Silver Anorak
Holder of a Silver Anorak

Postby Simon.Gardiner » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:32 am

LuizSpegiorin wrote:Bevan,
...I would like to know if it's engine number, is possible to find it's original frame number.

Hi Luiz - welcome!
It's very easy for someone to find the full factory records for a machine by engine number - possibly some kind soul with access to the factory records will pass by here and put up the details for you. Should that not happen I'm pretty certain the Owners' Club or Draganfly will be able to give you a dating certificate with the factory record details for the machine the engine was used in, if you apply for one.

HTH

SG
'55 Huntmaster, '56 VH, ' 51 VH, '80 R100RT, '00 Sprint ST (but all those Ariel parts can only make one running bike...)

Return to “Four stroke”