Adjuster nut

Singles, twins and fours.
JohnnyBeckett
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Adjuster nut

Postby JohnnyBeckett » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:02 pm

HI Can someone tell me what THREAD and size the gearbox adjuster eye bolt and adjuster nut is i have tried to fit a 3/8 26 tpi CEI nut but it start to go on a little bit then it goes very tight so i think it is not a CEI 26 tpi the threads look OK :? :shock: thank you

paul.jameson

Re: Adjuster nut

Postby paul.jameson » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:29 pm

It should be 5/16 x 26 tpi CEI. If you are at 3/8" then I suspect someone has made one up. ACME should be able to supply one.
Paul Jameson
36 4G, 37 VH, 54 KH(A), 75 Healey 1000/4, 52/53 ex ISDT KHA (project).
Former Machine Registrar & Archivist, General Secretary and Single Spares Organiser (over a 25 year period).
Now Archivist once more - but not Machine Registrar.

JohnnyBeckett

Postby JohnnyBeckett » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:52 pm

HI Paul it looks like it has not been change or modified i think 5/16 would be to small a size it has not been welded and the eye that the pin goes through on the the gearbox looks right and its chrome i still think its 3/8 but not CEI unless it is off a different bike :? :? :?

paul.jameson

Postby paul.jameson » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:59 pm

To check I tried a 3/8" nut on the adjuster on my Red Hunter. It pushed straight on so the bolt has to be 5/16". I know the bolt is a different length between rigid/plunger and swinging arm but the thread (and nut) is the same throughout.
Paul Jameson
36 4G, 37 VH, 54 KH(A), 75 Healey 1000/4, 52/53 ex ISDT KHA (project).
Former Machine Registrar & Archivist, General Secretary and Single Spares Organiser (over a 25 year period).
Now Archivist once more - but not Machine Registrar.

JohnnyBeckett

Postby JohnnyBeckett » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:19 pm

HI Paul my bike is a 1953/ 54 350 NH red hunter i have got a different type of lower pivot bolt that they list now they list a 2382-55 witch is a 1955 on that comes with a nut made on one end my one you take the nuts off both sides then you use a small spanner and wind out the long stud but i cannot find a listing for it i know this bike is the first with a swinging arm but all they list is 1955 on for it was their no listing for this year :?: i cannot seem to get the right parts it seems like the was a mismatch wen this was made and i know this bike is one one owner from new hope someone can shed some light on it about this bike :? :? :? :? :? and the gearbox was made in November 1953 that is the listing on the gearbox and all the numbers on the bike match the log book and year and it was fist on the road on the 18 DECEMBER 1953

JohnnyBeckett

Postby JohnnyBeckett » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:05 pm

HI Paul i have a bit more news about the bike and it had been apart for sometime be for it was put back together i think he must have lost some parts and used parts off different bikes he had and like you said about the top adjuster and you was right is 5/16" not 3/8" like what is on their that why it had no nut on it i have go one coming from Goeff Brown now i have to get off the old one thank you for putting me right :D

Return to “Four stroke”