Twine seal at tele fork slider/oilseal holder

Singles, twins and fours.
nevhunter
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Postby nevhunter » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:10 am

The proper tool goes down the inside of the chromed sleeve. I would be wary of using anything that would make the part hard to remove after time. With twine or cord you can have grease all over the part and the twine and it still seals well. It doesn't go on the thread but inthe grooce above it.The bike I took out for a run yesterday was assembled over 30 years ago and there is no sign of any oil leaking at the joint. I don't know what the original method is , but i can't see it would be much different. Nev

bob cottam
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Re: Twine seal at tele fork slider/oilseal holder

Postby bob cottam » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:23 pm

I used the thin o`ring from an amal 900 concentric washer kit, I think its the one that seals the carb flange to the manifold.It has to be stretched onto the fork leg, and when tightening the seal holder onto it its obviously tight, but it goes.I have not tested it yet but i would wager it will work a treat, Bob.

david.anderson

Re: Twine seal at tele fork slider/oilseal holder

Postby david.anderson » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:17 pm

I have also used O rings from a 32mm concentric carb. It has been stretched a bit to fit but has been on there for several years and is perfect.
David

nevhunter

Postby nevhunter » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:12 am

"O" rings are good. Stretched ones can snap, over time. In this case there is nothing much of a problem. One other fault with them is when you assemble it any sharp edge can cut a piece out of it. Nev

Return to “Four stroke”