I have overheated the front brake on my KH, trying to get the thing to work better. I simply got the adjustment that bit too tight. That particular single sided tele fork brake is not a good one. The one on my MKII was identical and worked much better. I am inclined to wonder whether the brake cam needs renewal, along with a replacement tube in the brakeplate. Meanwhile, I adjust the brake very carefully. It is easy to be misled by the brake cable being too short if you adjust with the front wheel off the ground. I now keep a degree of compression in the forks by means of a tie down between handlebars and wheel spindle before I jack the front wheel up.
36 4G, 37 VH, 54 KH(A), 75 Healey 1000/4, 52/53 ex ISDT KHA (project).
Former Machine Registrar & Archivist, General Secretary and Single Spares Organiser (over a 25 year period).
Now Archivist once more - but not Machine Registrar.