The KH Project MK II

nevhunter
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: The KH Project MK II

Postby nevhunter » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:22 am

There's 2 separate issues. The sludge problem and where the oil holes exit on the journal. The connecting passage is probably adequate until the sludge builds up to the level of the first hole. Centrifugal force is very good at separating particles from a liquid .How effective a filter in the return line is would depend on the fine- ness of the filter element. I doubt it will eliminate it, but anything helps. I would strongly suggest you redrill the holes to conform with the later ones. You don't gave to block the original hole. The later holes were eased to the sides with something like a Dremel and fine stone. Block it with a piece of wood so you don't slip and mark the journal when you do it. Nev

Paul Slootheer
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Postby Paul Slootheer » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:09 pm

Collected the crankshaft this morning from de grinders, he did the job within three days! Looks realy nice :D
From here on we can build the engine up with fresh parts... Got two NOS later type conrods for a start...
Attachments
IMG_0200.JPG

nevhunter

Postby nevhunter » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:17 am

Please redrill the oil holes like the later ones are and many of them are not balanced well. Mine has yet to be done (dynamically). Nev

Return to “Member's Bikes”