It’s obvious that you really take your time in looking at the frame and to find out where it goes wrong.
The W/NG frame had a bend in the front that took me to heat all 3 straight bits there.
I heated the horizontal one, the top one, and the one that goes down to the front of the engine.
This took a real effort, with my largest burner I managed to heat them all 3 at the same time.
But taking care not to overheat the framelugs ofcourse, only the tubes, a bit of a frantic job !
With all 3 hot, very quikly forcing the frame with a long metal bar in the right direction.
Actually you have to bend more then needed as the tubes will ‘jump’ back again a little.
It does take a certain amount of fingerspitzengefühl as you can image .
The first (W/NG) frame also suffered from storage damage as at the front it was collapsed down and the first step was lifting the top part with a car jack.
That I did cold, no heat. second frame on the pic also had this
At the rear of the W/NG frame the right hand side was bend inwards, probably someone once stepped on the bare frame.
By carefull looking at where the bend was situated I heated that spot and forced the right hand part outward.
The left hand part I had fixed solid in it’s position and this could not move .
The second frame was more difficult, it had multiple bends.
I am unsure if this was from a accident or that it was storage damage
At the right hand side rear it was not only folded inwards but also upwards, that upward damage was the biggest headache.
note red lines to see the difference
With all points clamped in the jig I forced the left hand rear down with a heavy duty strap band and lots of heat in various places...
Do as the old guys did it !
I am sure they had those benches clamped to the ground, I could only clamp the jig to my bench itself.
Moved it about a bit while working !