First, thanks Adrie - the tank mount is perfect and splendidly wrapped in an Ariel t-shirt!
Second, thanks to Steve for lugging (haha, see what I did there) it all the way back from the continent. Great to meet you and the Hampshire mob. Will be down again as soon as its on the road. btw, just discovered my clutch cover is khaki under the black.
Progress update :-
1. Spent way too much on on the missing carb bits and still managed to forget the throttle stop. Also, discovered the adjuster didn't come close to fitting. Managed to adapt a brass boiler fitting. Loosely fitted it all together. Enough for one evening.
2. Fitted the primary chain. Fitted the outer cover. Wondered how any bike could come with so many wrong bolts, might have to get a proper set some time.
3. Fitted the clutch, grooves all good, screws a bit wobbly. Tip of the day - bend the tips of the 6-bolt lock washer before fitting. Makes it a lot easier to tap them over.
4. Decided the scraps of oil pipe weren't worth fitting, fitted temporary clear plastic pipes. Was glad I did because it made it very obvious that I'd fitted them to the wrong stubs. Must refer to the manual more when in doubt.
5. Put some petrol in, watched it run out again (see 1.) Tightened the float cover. Put more petrol in.
6. Kicked it over a couple of times.
7. IT STARTED!!! Ran very nicely, great note from the "trials" exhaust. Even ticked over. Big grin :¬)
Still plenty to do but first run is always my favourite milestone.http://youtu.be/TCYdfZMDpm8