Those bushes above are new rubber ones that I bought around two years ago, The previous lovely bronze bushes I made were destroyed by my failure to clean the grit out after sand blasting. I was in a bit of a hurry so put in the pair of rubber ones I had kicking around. I just couldn't wait to get the bike back on the road. My fault
I should get a delivery of new bronze bushes today.
Alan got my old bushes out for me now time to give it a good clean out. When I tried to clean it out after the sand blasting I can see how I went wrong. I should have removed the bushes, I would never have been able to get the grit out behind the bush inside the swinging arm. That shoulder would have trapped the grit. With no bushes in it was easy to pull a rag through.
I had to take a small about off the outside dia to get it to push into the arm. Things have got a big rusty in my garage over winter