New club Facebook page

Bikes or not. Whatever
allan.walker

Re: New club Facebook page

Postby allan.walker » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:29 pm

I'm a new member in the Ariel club (just over a year) but I still feel like chipping-in here.

Personally, I detest Facebook and will not use it under any circumstances.

On a general note, a proliferation of websites/forums (fora?) etc for any one marque can only tend to dilute the content of any single group. Who has the time to visit lots of different websites to try and find something new?

One good source (and I think this forum is good) is much simpler for all concerned.

A request I would make is, rather than plunging further into the virtual world to repeat what is already available to us, could the AOMCC please look at making all spares lists available online? The Spares chaps do a fantastic job, but surely it would be easier for all of us if finding out about what is available, how much etc. didn't depend on lots of emails flying around (or even phone calls.......)
I can't remember when I last received a phone call that was at a convenient time for me.....Am I a bit odd? :o

john.whiting
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Postby john.whiting » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:17 pm

I wouldnt worry about dilution of knowlege......Im on several FB groups ,and the technical knowlege seems to begin and end with "Ive spent 8 fousand quid on vis bike,dunno whats inside ,just goes and its cool"......My brother has done well on FB ,telling me he recently sold two quarter windows for a truck for 250 each.........yeah ,right ,I gave them to him ,when he wanted two for a resto.

Brian Petheram

Postby Brian Petheram » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:34 am

allan.walker wrote:I'm a new member in the Ariel club (just over a year) but I still feel like chipping-in here.

A request I would make is, rather than plunging further into the virtual world to repeat what is already available to us, could the AOMCC please look at making all spares lists available online? :o

The club has - they are all available in the members only section of the club web site. That's where they should stay in my opinion.

Perhaps there is a case for making the wealth of info in the members section more apparent to non (hopefully prospective) members. If you are restoring an Ariel you should be very grateful for access this forum - if you want more you know what to do!

dave.owen

Postby dave.owen » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:47 pm

Brian,

Spot on.

Dave
AOMCC Treasurer

allan.walker

Postby allan.walker » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:25 pm

Brian Petheram wrote:]

The club has - they are all available in the members only section of the club web site. That's where they should stay in my opinion.

Perhaps there is a case for making the wealth of info in the members section more apparent to non (hopefully prospective) members. If you are restoring an Ariel you should be very grateful for access this forum - if you want more you know what to do!

I am a member, as I stated in my first post, so I agree that this information should be only accessible to members.

I've been on the Members section several times, but I cannot find a list of Square Four specific parts.

chris.vredenbregt
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Postby chris.vredenbregt » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:50 pm

I have joined the Facebook page but left it again shortly after that I don't think it adds something to what we already have , a great forum.
black ariel model G special 1930 500 OHV

allan.walker

Postby allan.walker » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:54 pm

john.whiting wrote:I wouldn't worry about dilution of knowledge...... the technical knowledge seems to begin and end with "I've spent 8 fousand quid on vis bike,dunno whats inside ,just goes and its cool".....

If ever I needed to explain to anyone why I will not use Facebook, there it is!

Thank you John! :D

But, as they say, each to his own. There do seem to be many opinions floating around about Facebook.......I think we must have too much time on our hands....... :?

Brian Petheram

Postby Brian Petheram » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:29 pm

allan.walker wrote:I've been on the Members section several times, but I cannot find a list of Square Four specific parts.
[/quote]

Hi Allan,

if you go to the members' area, then click on the Library tab and then Document Repository then Parts Books you will find several SQ4 parts books available to read or download. Catalogues can be found under Sales Literature. There's a lot of useful gen under the other headings in the repository. Draganfly's catalogue also has some helpful drawings showing how the parts go together and is worth a browse even if you are not buying. I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Brian

roger.fellows
Holder of a Silver Anorak
Holder of a Silver Anorak

Postby roger.fellows » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:00 pm

I think Allan's after a list of Sq4 parts sold by the club.

allan.walker

Postby allan.walker » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:54 pm

roger.fellows wrote:I think Allan's after a list of Sq4 parts sold by the club.

Yes Roger, that's correct.

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear, Brian, and thanks for the guidance anyway.

Return to “Main Chat Forum”