Congratulations to Brenton !

Bikes or not. Whatever
john.nash
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Congratulations to Brenton !

Postby john.nash » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:00 pm

presidents cup.jpg

The AOMCC President's cup is awarded yearly to the person who has gone that extra mile for the Ariel Club, Ariels in general or indeed both !
The list of past winners is distinguished.

The Winner of this years AOMCC President's Cup, voted unanimously at today’s AGM, is Brenton Roy !

It is unusual for the award to be given to someone outside of the UK.
However, a significant number of AOMCC members are now scattered around the world.
Often they are by themselves, without the support network of other local members to help them with the challenges of keeping their Ariel on the road.
To not only these people, but many of us in the UK, the internet can be a lifeline.

The willingness of others to answer questions, to get out to their garage and photograph parts, to make drawings ad measure stuff is invaluable.
Back in the old days, this would have made you an invaluable "clubman" to your local mates .... but to do the same for people you have never met (and are unlikely to) is more than that extra mile.
Brenton, in my view and those of others, is the yardstick by which the rest of us are measured.

In addition, what the rest of you don't see is the number of hours that Brenton puts into helping me sort documents, maintain the forum and deal with issues.
This goes way back beyond my tenure as Webmaster and I have been truly grateful for Brenton’s efforts over many years.

Although the cup won't be travelling to Oz to live with Brenton; it will be with him virtually ....

Well done mate; Good on ya !
John "Josh" Nash
webmaster@arielownersmcc.co.uk
AOMCC No.4119
2009 royal Enfield,1978 t140 bonneville, '67 CJ750, 196-ish Ural M62 outfit, 1960 k750, ''51 kH500, ''49 soon to be Ariel bobber, 47 VH twinport, '44 Ariel WNG, '43 Ariel WNG, '41 Ariel WNG and piles of rusty scrap ....

Dave.Thomas
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Re: Congratulations to Brenton !

Postby Dave.Thomas » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:29 pm

Well done Brenton !

Always pleasantly surprised how much time and effort people are willing to sacrifice for the greater good. While I'm here, I'll take the opportunity to thank John and all involved in the forum, It's a great resource and font of all Ariel knowledge .
( ill sit back down now, it's gone quiet)

Steven.Carter

Postby Steven.Carter » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:45 pm

Thats great and well deserved. Thanks for all your hard work Brenton.

Steve

simon.holyfield

Postby simon.holyfield » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:11 am

Well deserved I say. There's a fair few parts on my bike that have had the benefit of Brenton's help.

Thanks again Brenton!
cheers

Simes

'51 Square Four,
'58 Huntmaster,
'42 W/NG,
'30 Model A
http://ariel-square-four.blogspot.com

barry.swanson
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Postby barry.swanson » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:23 am

...an enlightened choice indeed as Brenton has been quick to help me out, only just recently actually!

adrie.degraaff

Postby adrie.degraaff » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:43 am

Yes congratulations, very good, Brenton is alway's helping out if he can.

So the next English rally will be at Brenton's place, I will start saving my penny's.

keith.hodgenia
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Postby keith.hodgenia » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:32 am

Well done Brenton, the amount of time and effort you put in is above and beyond the call of duty. Keith.

GuyH

Postby GuyH » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:50 am

Congratulations Brenton, a well deserved award. I'm working away so was unable to attend the AGM which is a pity because I would have liked to have shown my appreciation through my vote. However it looks as if it wasn't needed. I've recently been fortunate to have benefited from Brenton's help myself: I had a couple of serious non-technical problems a few weeks back which Brenton along with the two Johns sorted out for me extremely quickly. Brenton's help and advice was so timely and accurate that at the time I didn't even realise he was in another country let alone the other side of the world. Well done!
1939 600 OHV 4F, 1956 MKII Square Four, a Healey, 1939 OH 250, 1939 OG 250 plus a couple of OG250 projects, 1920 Ariel V twin project and a variety of lesser makes

john.nash

Postby john.nash » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:59 am

adrie.degraaff wrote:Yes congratulations, very good, Brenton is alway's helping out if he can.

So the next English rally will be at Brenton's place, I will start saving my penny's.

I wonder how long it would take to ride your bike over there, Adrie, using the minimum number of ferrys ?

I believe Brenton, as the honoured member, will be picking up our transport and accomodation costs .... ( I just made that new rule up ...)
John "Josh" Nash
webmaster@arielownersmcc.co.uk
AOMCC No.4119
2009 royal Enfield,1978 t140 bonneville, '67 CJ750, 196-ish Ural M62 outfit, 1960 k750, ''51 kH500, ''49 soon to be Ariel bobber, 47 VH twinport, '44 Ariel WNG, '43 Ariel WNG, '41 Ariel WNG and piles of rusty scrap ....

adrie.degraaff

Postby adrie.degraaff » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:08 am

john.nash wrote:I wonder how long it would take to ride your bike over there, Adrie, using the minimum number of ferrys ?

I know how long it takes, look at "old bloke on a bike".

The Dutch VMC members have done a rally in Australia and South Africa, shipping the motorcycles in containers.

Return to “Main Chat Forum”