Twin Square 4 engined car

Bikes or not. Whatever
simon.holyfield
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Postby simon.holyfield » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:39 pm

Keep the thread going Jade! We'd love to hear what modifications you get up to during the winter and we are looking forward to seeing the report from the next event, video & all!
cheers

Simes

'51 Square Four,
'58 Huntmaster,
'42 W/NG,
'30 Model A
http://ariel-square-four.blogspot.com

jadearling

Postby jadearling » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:49 pm

I got lost for a bit there, life keeps getting in the way and I had to disappear on family matters for a week. I am delighted that the thread is being enjoyed and followed by at least a few of you and am sorry that I never met your Dad Leslie, I know he was much respected and a stalwart of the club. I am afraid that there won't be much more from me now though as my season is finished, still, as my oil pressure is also finished I suspect that I can come back with some tales of woe after I have stripped the engines and investigated why and I may be in need of help and advice! If I was a bit more computer savvy I could keep a webpage or blogspot or something but I am struggling with this enough as it is although I have enjoyed reading yours Simes, even though I much prefer oily mechanical devices I am afraid that my mechanical competence doesn't really keep up to the standards of many of you, never mind, I shall struggle on and try to keep you informed of progress

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EelFZvMhinU?list=UUhK28pw9qEwuMAtq8FedvGQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is the last video, a sequence from Loton, the Gnariel, merrily jumping out of second gear still, appears at about 1.30, just after the fastest boys Baxter and Cobden. Following me, if you watch carefully, you can just see the start of the Semmence Special, also very quick, coming unstuck. The camera didn't stay with it but the car was a bit of a mess when it was recovered, you can see it is all about to go pear shaped for him as he leaves.

Hmm! I don't know if I managed to embed the video or if I need John's help again, ah me!

Jade

Wali.Badger.Taylor
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Re: Twin Square 4 engined car

Postby Wali.Badger.Taylor » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:37 pm

fpassmore

Postby fpassmore » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:01 am

http://www.youtube.com/embed/EelFZvMhinU?list=UUhK28pw9qEwuMAtq8FedvGQ

This worked for me. I have always wanted to build a Morgan 'like' vehicle and have a few engine combinations which might work well for this.

Frank
'51 SQ4, '37 VH500 Red Hunter, '56 SQ4 (basket case), '49 Sq4 (basket case), '48 A7 BSA Twin, too many other BSA's, Norton's, Triumph's, Ducati's and Japanese to list. Just crazed is all my problem is.

Eero.Korhonen

Postby Eero.Korhonen » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:45 am

Yes great video and great cars, I just love this.
Br, Eero
Ariel VH 1954, IZH 350 1962, H-D Sportster Hugger 1992, AOMCC Member 133

jadearling

Postby jadearling » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:28 am

Thanks for sorting that out Wali
Jade

ismohautala

Postby ismohautala » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:09 pm

Hi everyone

A very enjoyable films. Reminded me of when I was a spectator in 2007 London-Brighton run.
Those old vehicles sound and the smell is something magical.
Some of the drivers in those films seemed to take the race pretty seriously :D
Nuts for rusty nuts

Wali.Badger.Taylor

Postby Wali.Badger.Taylor » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:24 pm

One of the most enthusiastic drivers is Mark Walker who owns the 1905 land speed record Darracq 25 Litre V8.
I love to watch him climb hills, to compensate for a lack of diff he drifts each corner. The car is road legal and Mark drives it to meetings.

Eero.Korhonen

Postby Eero.Korhonen » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:59 am

That Darracq is amazing and street legal, wow! :roll:
-Eero
Ariel VH 1954, IZH 350 1962, H-D Sportster Hugger 1992, AOMCC Member 133

jadearling

Postby jadearling » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:51 am

The aero JAP vee eight engined GN of Richard Scaldwell with its wooden chassis and art nouvauxish body is another road legal car that gets driven to and from meetings, I wish I had a photo of the heavily scarfed, hatted and goggled Scaldwells leaving Loton the other day, it was a fabulous sight! In fact both Richard and Mark are fast drivers and it must be astonising for people in their modern cars to be overtaken at speed on the motorway by these two, a real time slip calling for a reality check!Image
Jade

Return to “Main Chat Forum”