Lottery

Bikes or not. Whatever
BUNNERS

Lottery

Postby BUNNERS » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:26 pm

Just off the cuff
I am led to believe that the second winner of £33,000,000 is as yet un identified, it not me I have checked many a time, question is, if you fellow member were lucky to hold the winning ticket what would you do with the influx of funds, me I would buy an airfield, just a little grass field, build a hanger and stock it with Spitfire, Hurricane, etc, in a second hanger would be a vast display of the Motorcycles that made Great Britain famous throughout the world. Question is, What would you do with it?
Oh and make sure the Grand Children were sorted, but only if they had a job and realised the value of money.

Steven.Carter
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: Lottery

Postby Steven.Carter » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:28 pm

Well, Bunners I know this doesn't properly answer your question but I recon we've already won it. The lottery of life in mean. I haven't had any real hardship or hunger.
But what would I do if I had 33 million, crikeys I've no idea, might get a sq4.

Steve

steve.clarke
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Postby steve.clarke » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:08 pm

Easy Give up work, well equipped large garage workshop, house and grounds with an internal road round it for testing purposes (banked.... :D ) the only additions to the bike fleet would be a new-ish Bonnie, possibly a square four,oh! and a cyclone, Holidays in the Sun what else could I want, give the rest to the kids you need it when your young, after all they did get me this for Christmas--- Happy days better than a Hornby train set, Funny Santa Claus looked remarkably like Pete Kemp.
IMG_2431.jpg
57VH 58VH 56HS IN A 58FH Frame, mortal remains of a 57NH 1999 FZS 600

GuyH
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Postby GuyH » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:12 pm

33 million quid? I reckon I might be able to afford to finish my Square Four restoration - but only just!
1939 600 OHV 4F, 1956 MKII Square Four, another Square Four, 1939 OH 250, 1939 OG 250 project, MF32 project, 1920 Ariel V twin project and various odds and sods

johnwalsh
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Postby johnwalsh » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:50 pm

I agree with Steve to a point, I think our generation ( I generalise I know ) have been dealt a fairly good hand really, No wars to speak of, reasonably full employment and affordable housing etc. etc. Don't think I'd want to start all over again. I'd treat myself ( and the wife ) to a decent property with workshop overlooking the sea.
1958 Huntmaster
1960 Matchless G12
1958 AJS 18s

Return to “Main Chat Forum”