Insurance

Bikes or not. Whatever
robjameson
Holder of a Silver Anorak
Holder of a Silver Anorak

Insurance

Postby robjameson » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:06 pm

I currently insure through Peter James, who I am very happy with. Some years ago, I also had a modern sports bike on the same policy, at a very competitive price.

I am likely to want to insure another modern bike before long, and I’m interested to see what other people’s experiences have been, do they still allow it? Is it expensive? Are there any restrictions on type of bike?

It’s frustrating, as I’ve done a quote with a modern bike insurer which is horrendously expensive, as I have no no claims (classic policy)
Rob Jameson
AOMCC Member Number 4068
1957 Ariel VH
1956 Ariel KH (LARGE project!)
2016 Honda CBR600RR

iansoady
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Re: Insurance

Postby iansoady » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:11 am

I've been with PJ for years for (mostly) "classics". I also managed to include a modern (well 8 years or so old) bike on the same policy at one time although I know that PJ's attitude seems to change depending on who you speak to.....

I also used Bennetts for a couple of years for the modern and found them OK but never needed to claim.
Ian
1952 Norton ES2
1982 Moto Guzzi V50

Graham.Goral
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Re: Insurance

Postby Graham.Goral » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:52 pm

HI Rob, I've used Motorcycle Direct for my modern bike for many years and haven't had a problem (although I've never needed to claim). On the occasions I did price comparisons, they always came in with a significantly lower quote than other companies. If you decide to use them, then I've a vouchers which will get you a £25 discount, so please PM me about that. :-)

Return to “Main Chat Forum”