Daily Fixing and Riding Diary on an Ariel 2019

Bikes or not. Whatever
john.whiting
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: Daily Fixing and Riding Diary on an Ariel 2019

Postby john.whiting » Mon May 27, 2019 7:04 am

Sunday afternoons ,I run down to my brothers place ,and generally have a tea of several kinds of cake,large mugs of coffee with cream,and sticky buns for afters......last Sunday arvo,its small cups of tea with skim milk....and not even a bikkie....Er indoors is on a strict diet,so Im told............

Steven.Carter

Postby Steven.Carter » Mon May 27, 2019 9:07 am

LuisPaz wrote:Every weekend i start the Ariel and make a short ride arround the workshop.

https://youtu.be/t2zxsP32TdQ

I ride of any distance is good news for the bike, they need a little exercise justlike us :D

Steven.Carter

Postby Steven.Carter » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:07 pm

Well, its been awhile since I last posted here. I have just not travelled much on my Ariel and so consequently I haven't broken down on one either so nothing to write about :D
Today though I had an appointment to keep with our two stroke Bob over at Loomies our local bikers cafe. And as I've been doing some tidying up in my garage my 58VH found itself in pole position forthe ride. I'd forgotten how nice she rides. Riding gently riding along I'm thinking of a nice photo opportunity then round the corner I passed a traction engine right on cue :D
2019-06-14 13.41.15.jpg

2019-06-14 13.41.20.jpg

Dave.Thomas
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Postby Dave.Thomas » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:30 pm

Fantastic to see that lumbering beast out on the highway

nevhunter

Postby nevhunter » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:56 am

The steam roller is nice too. When I was young after the council worker had gone home there often would still be some steam pressure in the thing and I'd' move it around Like that one without the rubber tyres. (a Roller) Made in Leeds from memory. lovely smell Coke, oil and steam. Nev

Dave.Thomas

Postby Dave.Thomas » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:32 am

I’ll bowl them, you hit them Nev

roger.fellows
Holder of a Silver Anorak
Holder of a Silver Anorak

Postby roger.fellows » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:19 pm

Don't encourage the Aussies too much Dave, we're doing not too badly for the moment!

Steven.Carter

Postby Steven.Carter » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:48 pm

I've had a decent ride today, first time since Holland. My first job was in Coventry at the Land Rover Jaguar engineering factory. Some fancy piece of equipment that measures emissions.
2019-06-19 08.52.02.jpg

Then off to Leominster to see a firm that supplies off grid solar kits. I'm thinking of using a system on Bere Island. They have a 24 volt kit called Victron EasySolar which comes in one box and has the charger for the batteries and the inverter all inside one neat cabinet. The saleman was very helpfull, and honest. He thought the name EasySolar should have had the words "Not So" in front :D
As it needs programming by an installer before it can be used hmmm, no mention of that on their website.
My route from Coventry to Leominster took me near Pershore the site of our Annual Rally this year. Looks a lovely location.
Nice Cafe
2019-06-19 11.20.26.jpg

I enjoyed a nice cup of tea with Peter Kent in Gloucester then looking forward to a nice uneventful ride home and a hot bath.
But a couple of events spoiled it. First I noticed my sat nav switching itself off, hmmm, I've either lost my charging or as it turned out, a very rusty connection to my battery. I fixed that when I got home as the alternator kept the engine running. Then just 1 mile from home my clutch lever pulled back to my handlebars. I struggled back home and had a look. Well it was something I hadn't expected. The clutch nut had stripped its thread!
2019-06-19 16.58.22.jpg

2019-06-19 16.59.53.jpg

The days not over yet, The Hampshire Branch have an evening club night ride.

Vincent.vanGinneke

Postby Vincent.vanGinneke » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:10 pm

Steve, sometimes the two spring loaded contact points in at the rear of the Garmin dont make contact anymore or just intermitted due to a small amount of corrosion. just wiggle them a bit to get them on the job again !

Steven.Carter

Postby Steven.Carter » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:01 pm

Vincent.vanGinneke wrote:Steve, sometimes the two spring loaded contact points in at the rear of the Garmin dont make contact anymore or just intermitted due to a small amount of corrosion. just wiggle them a bit to get them on the job again !

Yes, hadn't thought of that

Return to “Main Chat Forum”