oil lines

Bikes or not. Whatever
derekmalcolm

oil lines

Postby derekmalcolm » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:10 am

I am building up a 58 NH which was a basket case and i have got to the stage of putting in the oil lines. The armoured oil lines to and from the pump are fine but there are two small pipes to the bottom of the oil tank that I take to be the oil feeds to the rockers and a pipe that joins on to the pipe that exits the rear of the timing chain. While Drags site give information on a rubber pipes that transition to the rocker oil feed line, I can find no details of the intervening pipes. Can anybody shed any light on this for me and ideally provide some photos
Thanks

simon.holyfield
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: oil lines

Postby simon.holyfield » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:27 am

cheers

Simes

'51 Square Four,
'58 Huntmaster,
'42 W/NG,
'30 Model A
http://ariel-square-four.blogspot.com

derekmalcolm

Postby derekmalcolm » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:30 pm

Simon
thanks for the link I am not sure it is relevant as while it gives a good view of the chain oiler i thought on the 58 NH has a chain oiler provided from the primary chain case into the FERC
My main question is associated with the pipe from the rear of the timing chain case as while it could be a breather I assumed it is oil pipe which is linked to the oil tank but I am not certain.

Mick D
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Postby Mick D » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:42 pm

Hi Derek
If you are referring to the pipe that comes from the inner timing cover via a 90 degree union - yes it's a breather, (part number 2100-37 - you can look it up in the Draganfly catalogue or a parts list).
Regards Mick

derekmalcolm

Postby derekmalcolm » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:20 pm

Thanks for the confirmation. So if that is vented to the outside world and the FERC is oiled from the primary chain case to what is the 4th pipe from the oil tank connected. The other three being the two connections to the oil pump and the feed to the rockers.

Mick D

Postby Mick D » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:51 pm

Hi Derek
Do you have the same connections as me? (the photo Simon linked to).
For the FH the primary chain case chain oiler was discontinued, I think in 56, and the fourth outlet from the oil tank introduced was from the wick oiler to the chain via the FERC - the inner primary chain case hole for the earlier 'needle valve' oiler being no longer drilled.
Is there a chance you have an earlier set of chain cases and a later oil tank?
Regards Mick

derekmalcolm

Postby derekmalcolm » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:14 pm

Thanks for this info okay have a mix of parts as it was easier case when i bought it. Thanks

Return to “Main Chat Forum”