Chas Ryecraft funeral

Bikes or not. Whatever
john.mitchell
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Chas Ryecraft funeral

Postby john.mitchell » Fri May 03, 2019 11:54 am

I have been asked to announce long term member Chas Ryecraft's funeral arrangements. Old friends will be welcome.

Tuesday 7th at 1pm in the C of E Village Church Hollowell NN6 8RW.
John Mitchell
Editor Cheval de Fer

charvey

Re: Chas Ryecraft funeral

Postby charvey » Sat May 04, 2019 6:14 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about Chas,I have known him about 30years through the Hollowell steam ralley and the Ariel club what a nice chap so sad, I would have liked to have gone to his funeral but am away so if anybody from the Ariel club is going please say goodbye from me,Clive and Vivien Harvey

charvey

Re: Chas Ryecraft funeral

Postby charvey » Wed May 08, 2019 9:54 pm

I managed to go to the funeral and say goodbye. It was a good send off, only two Ariels, Stan Couplands twin porter and I took Chas's VCH which I bought from him two years ago but the Church was full which says something about Chas, another good one gone.

Chas helped with the Hollowell Steam Rally every year for about 30 years and his ashes are being put in the fire box of a steam engine and it is going to full power up the rally field and spread his ashes over the field which is exactly what he wanted.

The Hollowell Steam Rally is held every year over two days. It is just outside Hollowell and its a right good do. Beer tent, all sorts of attractions and stalls, motorcycles, cars and army vehicles, traction engines, shire horses, tractors, funfair, very big tea tent with all home made cakes. There is an auction on the Saturday with all sorts of stuff. Its a really good day out for all the family and all the money raised goes to local charities. Usually held on the first weekend in July I think but check on their website first.

Clive

Return to “Main Chat Forum”