Arrows at the George Brown Memorial Sprint Sunday 11th August

Bikes or not. Whatever
Roger James
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Arrows at the George Brown Memorial Sprint Sunday 11th August

Postby Roger James » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:59 pm

Just a reminder that Straightliners & National Sprint Association present The George Brown Memorial Sprint Sunday 11th August at Lancaster Raceway, East Kirkby Airfield, Lincs PE23 4DE (Just round the corner from where the Avro Lancaster 'Just Jane' is hangered)
I can confirm that three Ariel Arrows will be present and taking part, Tony Eykels Arrow sprinter, Ron Phillips (Fahron Engineering) is taking his tuned Sports Arrow and I'm taking my Cafe Racer/track bike Arrow, there might possibly be a fourth Arrow if Dave Street brings his sprinter along, he's done this event in the past but I've been unable to make phone contact with him to confirm anything.
As most of you will know, George Brown is best remembered for sprinting Vincents but he also sprinted his Ariel Arrow gaining a number of sprint records along the way so it feels entirely appropriate that we have some Arrows present at the event this year, visitors are welcome also, so if you are at a loose end you could pop along, have a chat, look around the Arrows and other motorcycles taking part and of course watch the sprinting. Action starts at 10am. Jess
Attachments
straightliners.png

Return to “Main Chat Forum”