Motorbike covers.

Bikes or not. Whatever
rick king

Motorbike covers.

Postby rick king » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:23 pm

I have an expensive(well fourty five quid) cover on a bike that hasn't been used for 18 months, in that time the cover hasn't been touched. The sun has bleached it. I walked past it a few days ago and could see the outer layer is starting to shred!

Is there a cover which lasts more than a few years?

fpassmore
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Re: Motorbike covers.

Postby fpassmore » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:56 pm

I have spent big money on covers and yes I have had some last 2-3 years but there does not seem to be that amazing product that will last longer.
Frank
'51 SQ4, '37 VH500 Red Hunter, '56 SQ4 (basket case), '49 Sq4 (basket case), '48 A7 BSA Twin, too many other BSA's, Norton's, Triumph's, Ducati's and Japanese to list. Just crazed is all my problem is.

JohnnyBeckett
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Postby JohnnyBeckett » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:18 pm

HI Rick i have lots covers for my bikes sum have not last a year sum last up 2 years but the ones i have now is oxford storm x i have had for about 3 years and they are still good i no they are no cheap but i think they are the best i have had so far keep the bikes nice and dry and warm and no damp on the bikes

Leejm
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Postby Leejm » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:49 pm

I don't like cover, as they will damage the paint in long term use. Micro blistering of the paint!
1948 NH, BSA D10 SPORTS. 1953 VHA, 1951 KH rigid project.

rick king

Postby rick king » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:09 pm

Leejm wrote:I don't like cover, as they will damage the paint in long term use. Micro blistering of the paint!

I don't like the rain.

I was looking for an Oxford storm when the JDC ultimate appeared when I needed a cover. Hopefully the silver is better than the blue, I will try an Oxford storm next.

I usually buy whatever is cheap and close. I had one cover that looked like a string vest in a few months!
I also had an expensive made to measure cover for a beemer, it was no more UV resistant than any others.

Maybe they need suntan lotion.

JohnnyBeckett
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Postby JohnnyBeckett » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:08 pm

storm x do not blister the paint it got a nice soft Lineing to stop it rubing the paint

Return to “Main Chat Forum”