PAZON? BOYER? or AN OTHER?

terrylangley

PAZON? BOYER? or AN OTHER?

Postby terrylangley » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:04 pm

I have decided to fit electronic ignition on my current project Arrow SS. But, which one? I will be using a Boyer 12volt twin spark coil and have fitted a 12 volt alternator, battery, bulbs etc. I also have the latest modified trigger unit and magnets from Draganfly for their electronic ignition. Before I splash out I would welcome the experiences, comments and recommendations from other Arrow owners.
Thanks Terry Langley.

bh.sprint
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Re: PAZON? BOYER? or AN OTHER?

Postby bh.sprint » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:57 pm

Hi Terry,

I have both systems on my bikes but the Pazon is easier to fit and set up. The only problem I had was the twin output coil supplied by them giving up after 2/3 years--replaced with two 6 volt original coils which are working well.

The Boyer needs some machining to get it to fit and is a bit harder to time. The one on the Leader worked OK for 19 years but became intermitant, Boyer checked it and said it was OK but it failed complelely a few weeks later.

When an electronic system fails it's dead, with a points system you can often get it going to get you home.

Brian H.

roy.craddock

Postby roy.craddock » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:23 am

Hi Terry, I have used the Draganfly system with coils, great spark and so easy to set up and time, I had problems with the coils going down to earth so decided to go for Pazon and Boyer twin spark coil,great instruction manual and at the moment it starts very easily, Boyer is a bit more involved a bit of engineering needed to get it to fit etc, The guy that owns Pazon was an engineer for Boyer before he set up Pazon so it has some similarities, Try Your Draganfly System 1st as you already have that then if you are not happy try a Pazon System , The is another System on EBay which is about £185 and it says that he has sold quite a few , comes with the points cover, I believe it’s a rework of the Jawa system very similar to Draganfly with a simple trigger unit , Regards Roy

Eero.Korhonen
Holder of a Silver Anorak
Holder of a Silver Anorak

Postby Eero.Korhonen » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:17 am

Ariel VH 1954, IZH 350 1962, H-D Sportster Hugger 1992, AOMCC Member 133

roy.craddock

Postby roy.craddock » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:51 am

Hi Ero, yes that is the system basis, Based on the Vape system ! Regards Roy

TonyBaxter
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Postby TonyBaxter » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:34 am

I thought the powerdynamo guy was retiring?

Return to “Two stroke”