Returned from Australia

Bikes or not. Whatever
adrian.hannam

Re: Returned from Australia

Postby adrian.hannam » Thu May 30, 2019 7:48 am

Even within states there are exclusions. In Queensland you shouldn't carry bananas across certain zones, or sugar cane. Don't mention the cane toads. No pet rabbits allowed up here either!
'48 KG outfit, '51 VH, '51 4G (in bits)
Editor "The Horse's Mouth" Australia

nevhunter
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Postby nevhunter » Thu May 30, 2019 8:19 am

Lantana bush, Blackberry and many introduced weeds and grasses Paspalum, Caltrop, gentle annie, gorse serrated tussock literally hundreds of weeds out of control. wild dogs feral cats wild horses wild pigs camels and goats over 20 million kangaroos worlds most venomous snakes red back spiders funnel web spiders blue ringed octopus poisonous jellyfish sharks crocodiles frill necked lizards ( No they are nice) Platypus. Now folks if you've never heard of this lovely creature look it up and it is real. It has poisonous spurs though. this is a tough place to live . Bushfires dust storms and cyclones and floods baking deserts and hailstorms that dent your cars and write them off. Not an emerald isle, A demi paradise like you have. Cultured and a Drury lane theatre. Is that still there? London, where Vincents used to thunder down the streets. Now the fastest way to travel is on roller blades.Nev.

Vincent.vanGinneke

Postby Vincent.vanGinneke » Thu May 30, 2019 12:38 pm

Platypus - Vogelbekdier !

aac5e9e82a40171a1a570318dddc7ac0.jpg

adrie.degraaff

Postby adrie.degraaff » Thu May 30, 2019 5:49 pm

I can understand that you are all exited to know how this is ending, so it's packed in a Dutch raincoats box now, starting the journey tomorrow.

I am not getting payed for the amount of followers and i don't take bets :D .

david.anderson

Postby david.anderson » Thu May 30, 2019 10:56 pm

After Steve’s boomerang comment (good one Steve) I could not help myself with this comment following Adrie’s last post..
So it is now packed in a Dutch raincoats box? Used?
Is that the same as a French letter. If so it is bound to be returned again.
Sorry Adrie but you may not understand the Australian sense of humour and slang terms.
David

Richard Kal
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Postby Richard Kal » Fri May 31, 2019 12:17 am

If ever lending a tool, I remind the borrower that it is boomerang brand; always expected to come back!

nevhunter

Postby nevhunter » Fri May 31, 2019 2:11 am

Understanding the Australian "sense of humour" is virtually impossible, unless you grew up with it.
Don't try. You can do better things with your time. There's a place called Condom in NW France. The French refer to the prophylactic object as an English riding hood. So I believe. The "English" channel was created to keep the peace by an all knowing god, a long time ago when most people didn't swim far. Nev

john.whiting

Postby john.whiting » Fri May 31, 2019 2:28 am

getting a vehicle into Oz is a considerable undertaking...........every conceivable bit that might contain asbestos must be removed......includes the obvious......but also wiring,light bulbs,plastic panels,plastic components,rubber components, sound absorbing spray,all gaskets except metal shim ones,so anyone importing a bike (must be pre 1988,anyway) is better to completely strip it into parts ,and send a more compact package.........not in old orange crates ,obviously...But then you hit the problem of an import certification for any future registration.

david.anderson

Postby david.anderson » Fri May 31, 2019 5:14 am

For those that don’t understand Australian slang, in Australia a condom is generally referred to as a raincoat or a French letter.
do not confuse a comdom (A Vincent Commet engine in a Norton dominator frame) with a condom (sorry more aussie humour)
David

adrie.degraaff

Postby adrie.degraaff » Fri May 31, 2019 5:22 am

The
nevhunter wrote:"English" channel was created to keep the peace by an all knowing god

and a tempest kept the boats from crossing exept for a Tornado catamaran with a motorcycle on it wich was saved by an airfairy and an Italian with a "Mae West".

david.anderson wrote:So it is now packed in a Dutch raincoats box?

They also use the word "raincoat" in Holland for that object.

Back to parcels; i have send a 1939 numberplate support to England, it went to Spain, returned to Holland, than to England, it took a month and a half.

Return to “Main Chat Forum”