Is this Wally's Ariel sprinter ?
H&H Classics Limited - The National Motorcycle Museum, Birmingham Auction
Auction Day: Tuesday 30th July 2019 @ 9:00 / 9AM
Estimate: £3,000 - £4,500
- This 1934 Ariel sprint special was created by the current vendor
- He has campaigned it on many sprints and has recorded a staggering standing quarter mile at 14.4 seconds and a speed of 102 MPH
- The engine is based on a 500cc OHV red hunter but is fitted with complete Jawa internals. Currently running on methanol
- I am advised by the vendor it goes like a scolded cat!
- There are no documents with this lot, just a pocketbook of timing notes and various engine notes for sprinting