It's a new one but it rides like an old one

Bikes or not. Whatever
Paul Slootheer
Holder of a Silver Anorak
Holder of a Silver Anorak

Re: It's a new one but it rides like an old one

Postby Paul Slootheer » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:02 pm

Gentleman I'am afraid that all discribed and discussed above can be thrown in de bin! Bear in mind that our Steven Carter did 100.000 miles(!) on his Ariel Huntmaster come rain, come shine, COME FROST!!, with little more effort than regular oil changes, Steven made some sensible changes on his bike to do so, but even more: He's making his way up to do another 100.000!
In other words: It all can be done on a Ariel! :lol:

graham brookbanks

Postby graham brookbanks » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:11 pm

I love my 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Special which I've owned from new. It's pre-ABS with a 5 speed box. Push rod operated valves with easily acceessible screw and nut adjustment makes servicing easy and the shaft drive reduces maintenance. Quote from Total Motorcycle Review: "This is the closest to the original V7 concept, not only because it shares its name with the first V7 by Lino Tonti, but because if faithfully cites the same riding philosophy, that of a touring bike with sophisticated finishings and exclusive technical solutions. Just like its ancestor, it is wrapped in a two-tone colour concept and equipped with spoked wheels with aluminium rims which contribute to improving the riding dynamic thanks to the lower weight compared to the V7 Classic."

If I was buying a new bike today I would definitely book a test ride on a Royal Enfield Interceptor. It's had great reviews and it's a bargain price. Valve clearance adjustment is screw and locknut and easily accessible.

daithomas

Postby daithomas » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:11 pm

Hi, have a look in bikes for sale posted 26 Nov 2019
1985 Guzzi 650sp for sale
the bike is still unsold pos. due to trying to sell too near to Xmas.
It sounds as it would suit your purpose
Dai

tomwalker

Postby tomwalker » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:00 am

I think Beemer R100/7s are great value at the moment. I love the look of them without fairings and boxes etc.
Maybe a bit big for what you want, so I'd go with the 75!!
Tom Walker
1955 4G.
1934 New Imperial 100
1934 Harley Davidson VL

Return to “Main Chat Forum”