FS: Ariel 1946 VH -SOLD-

paul.wirdnam
Holder of a Silver Anorak

FS: Ariel 1946 VH -SOLD-

Postby paul.wirdnam » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:36 pm

Having completed my 1938 Single Port VH project, I've decided I no longer need my trusty 1946 Twin Port VH.

I've had it for the last 6 years and, during that time, it's been used all the year round. It's been a very reliable bike and in those 6 years, I've done about 6000 miles on it. The previous owner restored the bike and I've needed to do very little on it. It's not immaculate or even close, but it is a very tidy bike.

The chrome on the wheel rims, silencers, exhaust, clutch dome is very good. Clutch lever needs re-chroming. Petrol cap needs re-chroming. New std (not tapered) 7/8" handlebars. New 276 carb. I believe the magneto was rewound in 2013. PA was restored in 2009. New galvanised spokes which have dulled. I do not know what lies under the tank paint, so cannot advise if it could be chromed. No brackets on tank for enamelled badges. Correct civilian forks with side springs (not the longer W/NG ones). Converted to positive earth 12v with electronic regulator. Bonded friction clutch plates.

If you're looking for a concours girder fork VH, then this is not for you. On the other hand, if you're looking for a very tidy and reliable girder fork VH, then this is it.

SOLD

Last edited by paul.wirdnam on Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Paul

adrie.degraaff
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: FS: Ariel 1946 VH

Postby adrie.degraaff » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:22 am

A nice Ariel for a low prise, restoring a basketcase will cost a lot more.

JohnnyBeckett

Postby JohnnyBeckett » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:54 pm

That is a nice Airel if it was me i would not touch it just ride it and enjoy it, :D i think it is a very good buy and you know you are getting a good bike off a member who has look after it 8-) :D

paul.jameson

Postby paul.jameson » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:39 pm

Well, apart from the inner flat bit of the front brake dust cover rim being shiny instead of painted black......

Rant over.
Paul Jameson
36 4G, 37 VH, 54 KH(A), 75 Healey 1000/4, 52/53 ex ISDT KHA (project).
Former Machine Registrar & Archivist, General Secretary and Single Spares Organiser (over a 25 year period).
Now Archivist once more - but not Machine Registrar.

paul.wirdnam

Postby paul.wirdnam » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:23 am

SOLD
Paul

Return to “For sale/wanted - Bikes”