Years ago I purchased a lot of cheap spares. Unfortunately most had been butchered in one way or another. The following photos will show some of the butchered parts which have been repaired. Among the spares was a near complete VB engine. While holidaying in Tasmania I stumbled onto a swap meet (autojumble) in the grounds of the bike museum in Launceston and I came away with a bare 1953 plunger frame. So now I would have a VB. The only minor fault with the frame was the sidestand fitting had been heated and spun around on the frame which meant reheating and spinning it back into position and feed in a little more bronze weld to be certain but apart from that the frame was in good order.
She who must be obeyed had other ideas and forbid me spending any more money on my bikes, and when I met up with her back at my car she even told me to take the frame back to the seller. But I had the frame now and told her that I would make all the missing parts. Well that was my storey and I did make some of the missing parts.
To start I had to make some engine plates. As I do not have the means to bend the plate I cut the plate almost through with a thin angle grinder disc, bend a degree or so too much then weld and allow the weld to pull the extra degree back to the correct angle.