Preparing to sell!!!

Paulcarver

Preparing to sell!!!

Postby Paulcarver » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:15 pm

Thinking about selling my Dad's Ariel Arrow 1961 but have no idea what it's worth or where to advertise. He's owned it for about 11 years and has it has done about 20 miles in all that time. I believe the previous owner had it fully restored and used to be very successful showing it, winning a "best in Show". Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Attachments
IMG_0456.JPG

Dave.Barkshire
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak
Holder of a Waxed Cotton Anorak

Re: Preparing to sell!!!

Postby Dave.Barkshire » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:44 pm

I think people on here are rather sheepish about giving prices here as it's usually a hiding to nowhere. Arrows are usually quite easy to sell if they are in good working order with originality.

They often come up for around 2.5k but some dealers want more than 3k. I also see them going for well under 2k so that's a big vague. If you know what you think it's worth you could put up a price here and see if you get any interest.
1938 Ariel Red Hunter VH1
2011 Moto Guzzi V7 Cafe Classic
AOMCC Member 3400

nevhunter
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Postby nevhunter » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:10 am

Since it's a long time since this stuff was made the market has large variability of quality. A butchered bike is sometimes not worth having unless it's a very scarce model , and you have the resources to remanufacture it. This particular bike may be very good and the point I'm making is that when and IF it is one should not baulk at paying over the "normal" market figure. The trick is to "know" a good one when you see it.. Some complete and original bikes are very "tired.' with every nut and screw having been undone many times. There are also some very clever people out there who can make stuff look old, when it isn't. If you want to ride a bike (use it) it requires a certain level of functional integrity, to be useable and safe.. . IF you want it to be better than new, where do you stop? Nev

BernieP

Postby BernieP » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:39 pm

Did you ever sell it?
Bernie

Return to “For sale/wanted - Bikes”