I have a few other bikes running, inc 4 ariels, so all is not lost.
I am looking for £4500 OR swap for a project of equivalent value ( I can store a project much easier to be done at some point)
I've got some vids of it running, with oil pressure and charging.
It's a 1950/51 ariel KH500 fieldmaster twin.
It's a transition model, so it has the panel tank but the speedo on the yoke. Later they delete the panel tank. The tank doesnt actually have the tunnel for the speedo cable which is why its blanked off on the panel. The yoke is also one year only.
Tin wear is original as are silencers and stuff. The toolbox was signed by the attendees at an ariel rally in 2012.
It has a stainless rack and cravens
I have a oil tap fitted to control the wet sumping. It's a got a lanyard around the kickstart.
Its 12v through an electronic reg and has an external filter. It has the rocker oil mod to control over oiling at the head.
starts, runs, stops, chanrges.
- Paint bubble on front of tank ( hardto see)
- The gearbox has pa speedo gearing which will overdrive the chronometric - so not connected. The gearing sets are available but I've not been bothered to do it. I use a bicycle gps speedo.
- Silencer chrome is not the best.
- Needs a bloody good fettle by now
- Non matching numbers (engine didn't leave factory with this frame)
- Concentric carb.
- One of the fork top nuts has deffo cross threaded - I could not get it off last time -but it goes into an insert so fork tubes will be ok.
- Been sat in garage for years with very little use - none at all in past 28 months and its very dusty, dirty and the iron bits ( like the barrels ) have surface corrosion. I intended to clean it up before selling .....
email me on firstname.lastname@example.org