FS: Ariel 500 twin

admin
Holder of a Golden Anorak

FS: Ariel 500 twin

Postby admin » Mon May 10, 2021 4:22 pm

I need the space in my garage and I don't ride this at all.
I have a few other bikes running, inc 4 ariels, so all is not lost.
I am looking for £4500 OR swap for a project of equivalent value ( I can store a project much easier to be done at some point)

I've got some vids of it running, with oil pressure and charging.

It's a 1950/51 ariel KH500 fieldmaster twin.
It's a transition model, so it has the panel tank but the speedo on the yoke. Later they delete the panel tank. The tank doesnt actually have the tunnel for the speedo cable which is why its blanked off on the panel. The yoke is also one year only.
Tin wear is original as are silencers and stuff. The toolbox was signed by the attendees at an ariel rally in 2012.
It has a stainless rack and cravens
I have a oil tap fitted to control the wet sumping. It's a got a lanyard around the kickstart.
Its 12v through an electronic reg and has an external filter. It has the rocker oil mod to control over oiling at the head.
starts, runs, stops, chanrges.

Bad bits;
  1. Paint bubble on front of tank ( hardto see)
  2. The gearbox has pa speedo gearing which will overdrive the chronometric - so not connected. The gearing sets are available but I've not been bothered to do it. I use a bicycle gps speedo.
  3. Silencer chrome is not the best.
  4. Needs a bloody good fettle by now
  5. Non matching numbers (engine didn't leave factory with this frame)
  6. Concentric carb.
  7. One of the fork top nuts has deffo cross threaded - I could not get it off last time -but it goes into an insert so fork tubes will be ok.
  8. Been sat in garage for years with very little use - none at all in past 28 months and its very dusty, dirty and the iron bits ( like the barrels ) have surface corrosion. I intended to clean it up before selling .....

email me on webmaster@arielownersmcc.co.uk
Attachments
kh5.jpg
kh6.jpg
kh4.jpg
kh2.jpg
kh3.jpg
kh.jpg
John Nash
Administrator
webmaster@arielownersmcc.co.uk

admin

Re: FS: Ariel 500 twin

Postby admin » Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:29 pm

I still have this.
I don't think the price was untoward and I've had some interest (but very little really - I've sold some other stuff which has been significantly more popular). Folks that I have spoken to have really been after a plunger/rigid 500 single and didn't know much about the KH.

I was happy to take a swap, for something interesting - in bits or otherwise, but 2-stroke japanese trials bikes, Velo LE's and modern stuff didn't appeal. :lol:

I don't *need* to sell it, but it's only gathering dust .
John Nash
Administrator
webmaster@arielownersmcc.co.uk

Return to “For sale/wanted - Bikes”