MKI - Con Rod and Piston set

camstevens
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

MKI - Con Rod and Piston set

Postby camstevens » Mon May 10, 2021 1:01 pm

Hi All
Before I sell my soul and go onto EBAY. These components came out of a running engine that some luniatic had "restored". Offers considered..........

MK1 Conrod set, 4 off
- One cap nut is missing, but the rest do not look original anyway, so should replace all nuts in any case
- The Gudgeon pins were very tight in the rods, so small end bushes would need to be cleaned up or replaced

JP Pistons, 4 off
- had only done about 400 miles in the "restored" engine.
- Some mild scoring probably due to dirty oil and probably neglect of running in procedures
- Piston 4 has a damaged gudgeon bearing on right side.....this is my fault as I stupidly tried to clean surface with a tool. I didn't touch any other pistons at all, so 3 are totally servicable, and one is either unuseable unless some form of sleeve can be fitted. Please see pic. I talked to my machinist and he has done this repair many times in the past, so probably can be saved. I know FW Thornton will sell a single piston (as would JP directly, which would be cheaper) so that is another approach.

Please either call or DM me.

Regards
Cam
077899 36407
Conrod 3.jpg
Conrod 2.jpg
Conrod 1.jpg
Piston 2.jpg
Piston 4.jpg

camstevens
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Re: MKI - Con Rod and Piston set

Postby camstevens » Mon May 10, 2021 8:28 pm

Apologies....I should have stated the pistons are +0.020

Cam

Graeme.crawley

Postby Graeme.crawley » Sun May 23, 2021 8:51 pm

Hello cam, I do not know what DM means so will reply here and hopefully you will get to see it. I have a basket case 4. These may be of interest to me but I live in New Zealand. I have a friend in Stockport who, if you are close enough, could maybe get them and send them if necessary. The situation is that he also has these things but that is not confirmed. I also do not know what condition his bits are in or sizes. That was a long way of saying keep me in mind if they do not sell. Do you have a price in mind for the lot? Have your pistons at +20 would mean boring new liners which would be a shame but needs maybe must. Maybe contact me by own email? Gandm.crawley@xtra.co.nz.
Thanks
Graeme

roger.fellows
Holder of a Silver Anorak
Holder of a Silver Anorak

Postby roger.fellows » Mon May 24, 2021 9:13 am

Hi Graeme, DM is direct message, or private message. Known on here as private message. If you click the name of another user, you will have the option to send one.

camstevens
Holder of a Nylon Anorak
Holder of a Nylon Anorak

Postby camstevens » Mon May 24, 2021 10:50 am

Hi Graham
Sorry, but these have just sold.

I see you are a fellow Remurera-dweller.....I used to be on Benson Rd, but now in UK (and i miss it!). Possbly planning my return.....with MK1 in hand :)

Campbell

Return to “For sale/wanted - Parts”