Which Nuts?

Singles, twins and fours.
John.reader

Which Nuts?

Postby John.reader » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:04 am

As I'm about to start assembling my MK1 engine, and as my previous thread seems to have died, I thought I'd start another. What big end nuts do you all use when assembling your square four engines? Do you use the new but rather thin nuts as now supplied by Drags that only use half the available thread, or do you reuse the Aerotight type of nuts that Drags used to supply in the past but no longer, but which do cover all the thread, although you would have to tap down the locking tongues to restore the locking function, or do you use something else entirely?
The makers of the Aerotight nuts say that they can be reused several times before being discarded, or alternatively I can obtain new Aerotight nuts, but only in 18/8 (A2 / 304) stainless steel.
So what do you all use when assembling your 4G big ends, and what would you advise me to use? Any advice would be much appreciated.
Many thanks, John.
Attachments
IMG_2515.jpeg

paul.jameson
Holder of a Golden Anorak
Holder of a Golden Anorak

Re: Which Nuts?

Postby paul.jameson » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:08 pm

I think most people these days use the bolts which come with the new Club rods.........
Paul Jameson
36 4G, 37 VH, 54 KH(A), 75 Healey 1000/4, 52/53 ex ISDT KHA (project).
Former Machine Registrar & Archivist, General Secretary and Single Spares Organiser (over a 25 year period).
Now Archivist once more - but not Machine Registrar.

Return to “Four stroke”